Start a new topic

LDAP support

Don't any reference to LDAP in the documentation. I would see this as a need for a small to medium business. Is it supported? 

1 person likes this idea

We are also going to implement JumpCloud.com's Directory-as-a-Service and need LDAP, Radius, or Samba/SMB authentication. 

Microsoft Active Directory will be available in the Release 2.2 coming out next week.

Thanks for the suggestion. We have his on our product roadmap in the form of Azure AD support.. Would that work for your needs?

I've been testing  JumpCloud.com's Directory-as-a-Service, which provides LDAP authentication options for samba/NAS shares. With Jumpcloud I can sync passwords between SaaS applications like Office 365 and their computer logins.   Right now, without LDAP support, the users would have another set of credentials just for the Cache Drives.  Even with the new AD support for the Cache Drives, it still means I need an AD server (presumably at each location there is a Cache Drive and users). At that point, I might as well just set up multiple AD servers, put file shares on them and use DFS to replicate between sites.  LDAP on the cache drives would then fulfil the needs of small business by not needing to put in an AD server and give users SSO access.

We will be supporting Azure AD credentials very soon. If you're users are on Office 365, they can authenticate to the CacheDrives via their Office 365 login.

For local AD, if organization is using on-prem AD with multiple-sites, they would already need to have some way to access their AD servers either via VPN or Azure Cloud Sync. All customers we talk to who are already multi-site and use AD have a VPN connection with either users coming directly to master site to get AD access or have a domain controller at each office.

That's good to know. Thanks Tony. I was going back and forth between Azure AD and JumpCloud (although I lean towards jumpcloud since it also allows for RADIUS and LDAP authentication, which helps for nework devices). On the other hand, having a credentials to file shares on a CacheDrive, which also sync to the workstation login, and to Office 365, is quite a plus.

LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory services are not supported yet. 

Currently, LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory Support is not there yet.

CAL:  Microsoft Active Directory feature is in recent v2.2 release.   Do you still need the LDAP Support?  

MS AD works well

CAL: Thank you for the quick feedback.  

Login or Signup to post a comment