SharePoint Sync is an add-on app that enables two-way syncing between a SharePoint Document Library and a Morro Data share.
- Activation Key to enable the SharePoint Sync function
- User Management is in Azure AD, JumpCloud, or Azure AD DS modes.
- Available in Business Plan and Enterprise Plan
Installing SharePoint Sync
Once you have an Activation Key, please refer to the article Manage Morro Account - Business Admin: Redeem Key.
SharePoint Sync Setup
To setup SharePoint Sync:
- Activate a connection from the Morro device to SharePoint.
- Map the document library to a share on the Morro device.
When activating a connection from the Morro device to SharePoint, we recommend using an Office 365 user account with access to all SharePoint Groups and Document Libraries.
- In MCM, click Apps in the left side menu, then select SharePoint Sync.
- Click the Activate button to activate the connection to SharePoint.
- Enter the credentials of a valid user.
- Authorize the app for the permissions listed, then click Accept.
Once the connection is activated, admins can map existing Morro Data shares to the Document Libraries.
Map a Share
Connect a Morro Data share to the SharePoint Document Library to enable syncing.
Enter the following information to map the share.
- Team Site - The Office 365 Group or Microsoft Team to which the Document Library belongs.
- Document Library - The Document Libraries belonging to the selected Team Site.
- Gateway (CacheDrive) - The master syncing device for the two-way sync. For sync to complete successfully, the gateway must be powered on and connected to the internet.
Note: Once a gateway is selected, it cannot be changed without un-mapping the share and re-mapping it to the desired gateway.
- Share - Choose a share to map to the Document Library.
Note: Only one share can be mapped to a Document Library. Shares that have ECHO enabled cannot be used with SharePoint Sync.
Click ADD to continue.
A popup window will ask which Sync Map Type to use. The Sync Map options determine if files deleted from SharePoint should be deleted from Morro Data. If Sync with No Delete is enabled, the files deleted from SharePoint will not be deleted in Morro Data, which allows Morro Data to act as an archive for all files in the mapped Document Library.
Click SAVE to complete the process.
Now the list will display the Morro Data share SharePoint Sync information.
In the File System page, see the SharePoint Sync icon for the mapped share.
Delete the Map
To stop syncing with SharePoint Document Libraries, click the trashcan icon on the row for the share that you want to un-map.
Here are some additional considerations when using SharePoint Sync.
Each site contains groups and group members (users) that have permission to access the SharePoint Document Library. When the Document Library is mapped to a Morro Data share, the groups and groups members will be imported into Morro Data as groups and users.
The SharePoint system does not permit all of the permission to be exported, so the groups need to be given Read/Write access to the Morro Data share. If the Share is set to Read/Write access, no changes will be made. If the Share is set to Read-Only or No Access, the group will be added to the Read/Write exception list.
Additional special permissions need to be added for each user after the import is completed.
When Azure AD users are added to the system, their unique key is stored to identify them. Files that are uploaded by the Azure AD user will maintain file ownership in SharePoint. Downloaded files will also have the file ownership preserved from SharePoint.
Master Gateway Status
If the master gateway is offline, the system will not sync to the Document Library. If there is a problem with the sync, an icon will be displayed next to the name of the Gateway.
If the gateway is offline, the following error will be displayed:
If the gateway is deleted, the following error will be displayed:
User Management Scenarios
SharePoint Sync can be used only in Azure AD authentication mode. The following table lists the different user scenarios and the actions the admin or the user needs to take to effect the change.
|User Scenario||Admin Action||User Action|
|User changes password||None||The user changes the AAD password and then logs in to MCM with the new password before accessing CacheDrive.|
|New/existing user is added to the SharePoint site||None||The new user logs in to MCM with an AAD credential before accessing CacheDrive.|
|User is removed from the SharePoint site||None||None|
|User is deleted from AAD||Admin goes to MCM > Team and clicks the "Sync Group Info from Azure AD" button.||None|
1. When syncing file from a CacheDrive share to a SharePoint Sync Document Library, the largest file size is 15GB. There is no size limit for syncing files from a SharePoint Sync Document Library to a CacheDrive share.