In Step 3 of the sign-up process, you will be asked to pick a gateway name. The gateway name is what all your users will see on their computer to access the CacheDrive, so naming your gateway properly is an essential part of the on-going usage of your Morro CacheDrive.
Here are some tips for how to name your device:
If you are a single office:
Name the gateway with the format CompanyName or CompanyName_Share
If you have more than one office:
Name the gateway with the format CompanyName_Location
- 1st gateway: MorroData_Fremont
- 2nd gateway: MorroData_London
In addition, there are some rules the gateway name must adhere to in order to be a valid name in the Morro solution.
- Must be between 1 and 15 characters.
- Must be alpha-numeric characters. Hyphens are allowed.
- First letter must be an alphabetic character.
- Must be unique within your network.