To add RStor as a cloud storage provider:
- Create an RStor bucket.
- Generate a key to access the RStor account.
- Add the RStor bucket to your Morro account.
- Create a pool and shares using the new RStor bucket.
Create an RStor Bucket
To create an RStor bucket:
- Login to your RStor account at:
- Click Add a New Bucket.
- In the Add New Bucket dialog, enter a bucket name and configure as needed, then click Submit.
To create an RStor key:
- Click on your login name in the upper right corner, then click My Account.
- Click the Generate Key button.
- Securely store the keys (copy and paste or download). If the secret key is hidden, click the eye icon to reveal it. Note that the secret key will not be retrievable if lost, so you will need to generate a new key if the secret key is required and unavailable.
Add the RStor Bucket to Your Morro Account
To add the RStor bucket to your Morro account:
- Login to MCM.
- Go to File System, then click Add Cloud Storage.
- Select the RStor icon under Providers, enter the required information, then click Create. See below for more details.
If you intend to use the RStor bucket for Sync or Replicate shares, select "Your Object Storage for Sync". For archive shares, select "Your Object Storage for Archive".
The following fields are available in the Add Cloud Storage dialog:
- Name - The name of the bucket as it appears in MCM.
- Bucket Name - The name of the bucket as shown in RStor. This would be the same name that appears in the Create New Bucket section above and in the list of buckets in the RStor web configuration tool.
- Key ID - The Access Key from the Generate Keys section above.
- Secret Key - The Secret Key from the Generate Keys section above.
Create Pool and Shares
After adding the new cloud storage to your Morro Account, go to MCM -> File System -> Shares and click Create Pool to create a storage pool using the new bucket. Then, you may create shares normally. For more information, see the following articles:
Notes on Features
If permissions are changed in the RStor account, an email will be sent the Morro account administrators. Changes to permissions may cause an interruption in service.
BYOS RStor supports file management in the Team Portal.
BYOS RStor shares can be synchronized with external Cloud File System providers.
Deleting Cloud Storage
RStor cloud storage can be deleted once all the pools and shares within the storage are deleted.
Admins can use multiple RStor buckets within the same account.