Morro CacheDrives may be added to different office locations to enable collaboration between remote workers. Morro’s global file system uses the cloud storage gateway to synchronize files across all CacheDrive devices within the same team based on gateway share permissions.
If offices are using xCache clusters, CacheDrives should not be added to existing clusters.
It is recommended to add the CacheDrive at the office where the Global Administrators or Business Administrators are located before sending the device to the remote location.
Before users in two or more offices can share files for collaboration, additional Morro CacheDrives need to be added in Devices in the Team Portal. For more information on how to add additional gateways, reference the article on Adding CacheDrives.
There are two ways to set permissions on the gateway to enable sharing between offices:
Setup Share Permissions in File System
- Select the share in the File System window
- Click “Edit gateway permissions” in the Share detail window to open the “Gateway Permissions” window.
- Check the box next to the gateway to which you want to grant permission for the share. Permissions are “RW” (read/write), “RO” (read only), or none (uncheck both boxes). To allow full collaboration between offices, select RW for both gateways.
- To verify the permission settings, hover the mouse over the gateway icon.
- Click “SAVE” to apply permissions.
Setup Share permissions in Devices
- Select the gateway in the Devices window
- Click “Edit access” in the Gateway detail window to open the “Accessible Shares” window.
Check the box next to the share to which you want to grant permission for the gateway.
Permissions are “RW” (read/write), “RO” (read only), or none (uncheck both boxes). To allow full collaboration between offices, select RW for both gateways.
- To verify the permission settings, hover the mouse over the share icon.
Click “SAVE” to apply permissions.
To share files between offices, set the permissions such that the gateways at each office have permissions to the same shares. Once the share permissions are set, users at each office can connect to their gateways and see any files they have permission to on those shares.
Once the permissions are set, users can access the CacheDrives and begin collaborating on files or transferring information to each other.
For more information on how to access a share drive, reference the following articles:
For an example of a use case for sharing files between offices, reference the articles: