Use the Manage Caching option to control which files, folders, or shares are in the cache. You can manage caching for one share, multiple folders, multiple folders and files, or multiple files at one time.
Manage Caching for Share or Folder
If you select a share, one or more folders, or folders and files together, the following dialog will appear when you click the "Manage Caching" button. Select the gateway you wish to manage from the dropdown and click "Check".
You can then view the "Cache Size", "Unused Cache Space" and "Writable Cache Space" of the gateway. Next, decide what to do with the selected items in cache:
- Cache Out - Click this button to remove your selected files or the files in your selected share/folders from the cache. The files will still appear in the gateway but must be downloaded from the cloud into the cache when accessed.
- Fetch - Clicking "Fetch" will display the Fetch page. On the Fetch page, there are two options: "Force prefetch" and "Fetch by Timestamp". See below for more information about the Fetch page.
Manage Caching for File
If you select only files, the following dialog will appear when you click the Manage Caching button.
The status of the files appears. The cloud icon means that the contents of the file is not in the cache (Cached-out). The file icon with a check mark means that the contents of the file is in the cache (Cached-in).
You can select all files in the list by cache status using the Filter by radio buttons.
For cached-in files, click the "Cache Out" button to see the Cache Out page. There are two options in the Cache Out page: "Force cache out" and "Cache out files that have not been modified since a specified time". See below for more information about the Cache Out page.
Cache out files that have not been modified since a specified time
Enable this option to cache out the files from CacheDrive that were last modified before the selected time.
Cache Out page - Force cache out
"Force cache out" is the default option. This option caches out files ignoring any conditional cache out rules.
- Conditional cache out rules can be set in "Devices > ADVANCE > Cache Out". For more information, see Manage Device - Advanced
- Force cache out will still follow the "Cache out files that have not been modified since a specified time" option in the same page.
If "Force cache out" is disabled, files that meet the conditional cache out rules will not be cache out.
For cached out files, click the Fetch button to see the Fetch page. There are two options on the Fetch page: "Force prefetch" and "Fetch by Timestamp" (the Fetch page with these two options will be introduced later). See below for more information about the Fetch page.
Fetch by Timestamp
Enable the "Fetch by Timestamp" option to prefetch only files modified after the selected time.
Fetch page - Force prefetch
"Force prefetch" is the default option. Enabling this option when manually fetch files will ignore the conditional prefetch rules.
- Conditional prefetch rules for automatic prefetch ("Only prefetch specific files by file size" and "Only prefetch specific files by file type") can be set in "File System > Share Advanced > Prefetch". For more information, see Manage Share - Advanced.
- Force prefetch will still follow the Fetch by Timestamp setting in the same page.
If "Force prefetch" is disabled, only files that meet the conditional prefetch rules will be prefetched.
You can find the status of the fetch in the Devices page in MCM.
- Only one share can be selected at a time.
- Up to 150 files and folders can be selected at a time.