Wasabi buckets can be used for Sync, Replicate, and Archive shares.
To add Wasabi as a cloud storage provider:
- Create a Wasabi bucket.
- Generate a key to access the Wasabi account.
- Add the Wasabi bucket to your Morro account.
- Create a pool and shares using the new Wasabi bucket.
Create a Wasabi Bucket
To create a Wasabi bucket:
- Login to your Wasabi account at:
- Select Buckets in the left side menu, then click Create Bucket.
- In the Create Bucket dialog, enter a bucket name and region, then click Create. If you'd like to see additional options, click Next and complete the bucket creation process.
To create a Wasabi key:
- Click Access Keys in the left side menu, then click Create New Access Key.
- Select Root User, then click Create.
- Download the CSV containing the keys, or click Show to display the Access and Secret Keys.
Add the Wasabi Bucket to Your Morro Account
To add the Wasabi bucket to your Morro account:
- Login to MCM.
- Go to File System, then click Add Cloud Storage.
- Select the Wasabi icon under Providers, enter the required information, then click Create. See below for more details.
If you intend to use the Wasabi bucket for Sync or Replicate shares, select "Your Object Storage for Sync". For archive shares, select "Your Object Storage for Archive".
The following fields are available in the Add Cloud Storage dialog:
- Name - The name of the bucket as it appears in MCM.
- Bucket Name - The name of the bucket as shown in Wasabi's management console.
- Key ID - The Access Key from the Generate Keys section above.
- Secret Key - The Secret Key from the Generate Keys section above.
Create Pool and Shares
After adding the new cloud storage to your Morro Account, go to MCM -> File System -> Shares and click Create Pool to create a storage pool using the new bucket. Then, you may create shares normally. For more information, see the following articles:
Notes on Features
If permissions are changed in the Wasabi account, an email will be sent the Morro account administrators. Changes to permissions may cause an interruption in service.
BYOS Wasabi supports file management in the Team Portal.
BYOS Wasabi shares can be synchronized with external Cloud File System providers.
Deleting Cloud Storage
Wasabi cloud storage can be deleted once all the pools and shares within the storage are deleted.
Admins can use multiple Wasabi buckets within the same account.