There are a few reasons why a CacheDrive might unexpectedly be powered off.
- The device was manually powered off using the physical power button or through MCM.
- The device was removed from a Morro account. On the next boot, the device will factory default and go into discovery mode.
- The device lost power. By default, the CacheDrive will not boot automatically when power is restored.
- Defective hardware may cause the device to shut off. If it is a power supply issue, for example, the device may not boot again until repaired. If it is a defective fan, the unit may overheat and the BIOS may shutdown the device to prevent further damage.
- A software bug could possibly cause a shutdown.