There are two ways to determine if a file is already in the cache.
- Go to the MCM.
- Click Files, then navigate to the file.
- Click Manage Caching.
- Select a gateway, then click Check.
- If the file has a cloud icon next to the name, it is not in the cache. Select the file, then click Fetch to download it from the cloud into the local drive.
- If the file has a document with check mark icon, then it is in the local cache.
Windows File Explorer
- Navigate to the share containing the file.
- Look at the icon for the file.
For Windows 10, if it has a grey X in the lower left corner, the file is not in the local cache. An example of such an icon:
For Windows 11, if it has a filer icon in the lower left corner, the file is not in the local cache. An example of such an icon: