To use a proxy server with your CacheDrive:
- For CacheDrive hardware devices: Connect a monitor and keyboard to the CacheDrive. Reboot the device by holding down the power button for 5 seconds or until the power LED is off, then press the power button again.
For v100 virtual machines: Reboot the VM and go to the console window.
- During the boot process, you will see the following prompt:
Configure Network? [N/y]Answer 'y' and press Enter.
- Next, you will see the following prompts:
IPv4 DHCP (D) or Static IP (S)? [D/s] Enable IPv6. Yes (Y) or No (N)? [Y/n]Answer according to your network configuration.
- Finally, you will see the following prompt:
EXPERIMENTAL: Proxy Server: ([[user][:password]@]proxyhost[:port]) or leave empty:Enter your proxy server information with optional username, password, and port. Example:
- The CacheDrive will continue booting. Once the boot process has finished, the configuration process is complete.
- If a firmware update is required during account creation or adding a device, the device will be reset to factory default settings. The proxy configuration process must be done again.