The HC84 comes with an embedded Windows 10 Pro VM that can be accessed over RDP.
The configuration of the Windows 10 Pro VM can be found in the HC Devices page:
To access the VM from a PC:
- Download an RDP client if necessary. On a Windows 10 PC, you may find an RDP client already installed as "Remote Desktop Connection" under the Windows Accessories folder in the Start menu. We will use this utility as our RDP client for this example.
- Run the utility and enter the IP address of the Compute Element. If your PC is on the Edge LAN, the IP address in the "Edge LAN Address" field from the screenshot above should be used. If the PC is not on the Edge LAN and the WAN Gateway has port forwarding enabled for RDP, then enter the Site LAN address for the WAN Gateway. In this example, we have port forwarding enabled and the PC is on the Site LAN.
- Login as user "morro" with password "morro".
If this copy of Windows has not been activated, do the following:
- Right click on the Start menu, then select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings window and click on the Activate Windows link.
- Follow the instructions in the Activation screen to complete the activation process.