GDPR Compliance is required for businesses providing cloud based services in Europe starting in May 2018.
In order for Morro Data customers to be GDPR compliant, the following recommendations should be implemented:
- Only use Morro Data solution for businesses.
- Choose a European based S3 region for the Morro File System or BYOS S3 cloud storage groups.
- Use Active Directory for your Identity Management and User Access Permissions
- Follow GDPR best practices for storing personal identifying information.
The following issues are of note:
- Data is encrypted at rest in the cloud and in transit to cloud
- Data on the CacheDrive is not encrypted, however the CacheDrive is secured on-premises.
For further information, contact our specialists through our Sales or Support site.