Morro Data Firmware Release Notes (Latest - 7.3.3)
Modified on: Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 11:18 AM
CloudNAS 7.3.3 Release Notes
Note: Some new features are disabled or hidden until the firmware of all devices in the account are up to date.
End of Support announcement:
Support for 7.0.x or earlier has ended
Support for 7.1.x will end on 2/20/2023
Changes in 7.3.3 (1/14/2023)
- Morro Audit - Ransomware Guard
- Update coverage for ransomware guard
- Morro Versions - Share recovery performance improvement
- Misc. fixes
Changes in 7.3.1 (1/3/2023)
- Security Updates
- Morro Audit
- Add more diagnostic functions
- Remote Team Collaboration
- Fix resource leak when a connection needs to be re-established
Changes in 7.3.0 (12/3/2022)
- Multicloud (Redundant Cloud Storage)
- Add configuration to set priority for one cloud storage over the other for performance and cost optimization
- Morro Duplicate (Backup Morro File System to NAS or cloud)
- Support duplicate to cloud object storage bucket
- Archive Share
- Support immutable modes of AWS S3 and Wasabi buckets
- File System Operations
- Admin can cancel prefetch operations from MCM > Devices > Maintenance > Cancel Prefetch
- Security enhancements
- Manage Team Portal access permissions per user in MCM > Team > Authentication
- Manage role-based permissions per Global Admin in MCM > Account
- Device maintenance
- Add maintenance time window for periodical clean-up tasks such as disk defragmentation in MCM > Devices > Advanced > Disks
- Beta features (Limited Access)
- Preserve change time when backup/restore data using Robocopy
- Multisite file lock for encrypted files
Changes in 7.2.9 (11/12/2022)
- CacheDrive in proxy mode - access via MCM is now recorded in Morro Audit
- memory leak fix
Changes in 7.2.7 (10/15/2022)
- "Optimize for macOS clients" option for large folders (see notes for 7.2.2) fixes
- Robocopy issues when a file has resource fork in xattr
- Default settings when adding a new device
- Diagnostics fixes
- Terminating multiple SMB sessions
Changes in 7.2.5 (9/24/2022)
- Improvements in Diagnostics for CacheDrive
- Upload queue now shows the files with the highest priority, the largest sizes, and users with the most uploading files
- Morro Migrate
- Better handling of SACL (System Access Control List)
Changes in 7.2.2 (9/9/2022)
- Optimization for macOS clients
- Performance option when macOS client opens large network share folder
- This option applies to all shares. The default is OFF.
- After ALL CacheDrives have been updated to 7.2.2, enable this option in MCM > Account > User Preferences > "Optimize for macOS clients"
- When enabled, a macOS client's browsing large folders is faster. On the other hand, writing many small files could be slightly slower.
- LDAP/JumpCloud auth mode improvements
- Morro Audit and Diagnostics
- Morro Audit: bug fixes
- Diagnostics: improve upload status for large files
Changes in 7.2.0 (8/20/2022)Caution: If updating from 7.1.6 or earlier, please perform the update when the CacheDrive upload queue is not large.
- Add disk defragmentation
- Upgrade to 7.2.0 will take longer than usual if the disk already has large data and is fragmented.
- Subsequent upgrades will not take as long if the disk is not fragmented heavily.
- Archive Share
- Support hot standby CacheDrive
- Identity Management
- More IDaaS options
- Improvements for Azure AD Domain Services
- Support LDAP on-prem option
- Audit and Diagnostics
- Improvements in Morro Audit
- Improvements in Diagnostics, Disk Health, etc.
- Alert emails are now sent when bad sectors exist. The existence of bad sectors is normal as they are replaced by spare sectors. ONLY a rapid increase of bad sectors in a small time window may indicate that the disk is in need of replacement. Please consult with Morro Support for questions.
- Support scheduled reboot/shutdown
- Team Portal
- More granularity in role-based function management
- "Manage Versions" function (for folder) is disabled until after updating all devices' firmware to 7.2.0.
- GA (Global Admin) is not allowed to "Manager Versions" by default, and BA (Business Admin) needs to allow it explicitly by unchecking "Do not allow GA to manage all files as admin".
- Regular users are not permitted to manage old versions in 7.2. This limitation will be removed after upcoming security updates.
Changes in 7.1.17
- Performance improvement in handling large upload queue
- Fix certain ACL cases in Morro Duplicate
Changes in 7.1.16
- Fix to prevent cache swap-out when a client requests unusually large file size allocation
Changes in 7.1.15
- CacheDrive caching swap-out bug fix in some situations
Changes in 7.1.13
- Morro Migrate bug fixes
- Morro Duplicate bug fixes
- Fix memory leak in SMB file server
Changes in 7.1.11
- SMB file server security patches and bug fixes
- Fix for macOS Finder search
- Enhancements for Japanese language UI
Changes in 7.1.10
- Fixes for Morro Migrate
- Fixes for macOS files become inaccessible at sync destinations in certain situations
- MCM Edit Security feature is now available to both the Business and Global Admins
Changes in 7.1.9
- Fixes for Morro Migrate
- Fixes for sluggish upload in certain situations
- Update Japanese language translation in Morro Cloud Manager and Morro Audit
Changes in 7.1.7
- This release is a recommended update for Backblaze B2 users.
- Morro Migrate fix when the source is Public Cloud and destination is Morro Multi-cloud Redundant Storage Pool
Changes in 7.1.6
- Fix for Backblaze B2 delete file issue
Changes in 7.1.5
- Security updates
- Various fixes in Morro Audit, authentication mode switching, Archive share, etc.
Changes in 7.1.2
- When domain join status shows an error, add a Rejoin Domain button
- Fix macOS share connection issue when Morro Audit is enabled on the share
Changes in 7.1.1
- Add file locking support for SketchUp
Changes in 7.1.0
- Multi-Cloud Redundancy for existing and new shares
- for files in existing shares, redundancy is added when files are updated
- Faster file transfer performance for large files
- Faster disaster recovery for Archive shares
- Add MCM UI for admin to:
- help users find misplaced files/folders (MCM>Files>Location History button)
- manually terminate SMB connections (MCM>Devices>Maintenance menu)
- Add support for the following IDaaS authentication:
- Microsoft Teams integration for alert messages
- Morro Duplicate improvements
- Various bug fixes
- Starting from 7.1.0, the account settings option "Do not allow GA to access all files as admin" is now set to default ON.
Morro Connect Limitations
- Some of the new features are not supported in the current Morro Connect 2 desktop app. Please see Morro Connect Release Notes for details.
Morro Edge 2.1Morro Edge WAN 2.1 provides the following improvements:
- firewall settings for Edge LAN
All Morro Edge devices should update to the 2.1 release. Please see the link below for details.
Morro Edge 2.1.0 Release Notes and Update Procedure
Previous Release Notes
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.