MCM Version: 2.0
Note: Version 2.0 requires a firmware update for all devices to at least 2.0.0-Build3038 for all features to be available. Some features will be disabled or hidden if one device's firmware is not up to date. It is recommended that customer's update their firmware to the latest version.
Morro Data Service Plans
Added New Service Plans
4 new service plans released.
- CloudNAS Business
- CloudNAS Enterprise
For more information on the new plans, please visit the Morro Plan page.
Removed Service Plans
These plans are no longer valid.
Existing customers will be converted to CloudNAS Business. Customers converted to CloudNAS Business will continue to pay the same amount for their subscription plan for one year (until August 1, 2018).
- Firmware version 2.0.0-Build3038
- New Hardware Available
Morro CacheDrive T600 is a new powerful CacheDrive that supports up to 150 users with 8 TB cache. T600 supports CloudNAS Business and CloudNAS Enterprise plans. T600 is build to order.
Morro Cloud Manager
- App version: 2.0.0
- Support for users to select an Amazon AWS S3 region
During account setup or when upgrading account to CloudNAS Business and CloudNAS Enterprise, users can select the region where they want their Morro Data files to be stored.
- Support for users to bring your own storage (BYOS)
With CloudNAS, CloudNAS Business, and CloudNAS Enterprise plans, users can configure and use their own cloud object storage including Backblaze B2 and Amazon AWS S3. The user selected object storage can be seamlessly integrated with Morro Global file system with cache & Sync as a accelerated global file storage for NAS applications.
- Support for Cloud File System
Users now can select their own Dropbox or OneDrive cloud file storage to integrate with Morro CacheDrive for access acceleration and NAS protocol access.
- Improved Management UI
New Morro Cloud Management UI works with multiple file systems (Dropbox/OneDrive based Cloud File System, BYOS BackBlaze B2 and AWS S3, and Integrated S3-based Morro Cloud Storage.
- Bug Fixes
- For Morro Data accounts with more than one CacheDrive, all Devices need to be updated to the latest firmware in order to access the new features in V2.0
- CloudDrive supports one CacheDrive (gateway)
- CloudNAS supports up to two CacheDrive (gateway) devices
- CloudNAS Business plan supports up to five CacheDrive (gateway) devices
- CloudNAS Enterprise plan supports up to 500 CacheDrive (gateway) devices
- CloudNAS Business or CloudNAS Enterprise needed to support CacheDrive T600 devices.
- Bring-your-own-storage does not support AWS S3 China region and US Government region.
Note: The feature differences and limitations:
|CloudDrive||CloudNAS ||CloudDrive Business||CloudNAS Enterprise|
|Storage Type||OneDrive, Dropbox||Backblaze B2||Morro Storage, Amazon S3, Backblaze B2||Morro Storage, Amazon S3, Backblaze B2|
|Per Device Fee||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BYOS Management Fee||No||Includes 10TB*||Includes 15TB*||Includes 20TB*|
|Number of Gateways||1||Up to 2||Up to 5||Up to 500|
|Supported CacheDrives||G40, G80||G40, G80||G40, G80, T600||G40, G80, T600|
* overage fee is $15/TB per month
** supported in Morro Storage or BYOS S3